I can't think of a better guest for my 50th episode of the show. Alex Svanevik, his co-founders, and the team embody what DeFi is all about & their powerful model for growth is something from which we can all learn as we grow our own endeavors.
Guest Name: Alex Svanevik
Guest Twitter: https://twitter.com/ASvanevik
Company Name: Nansen
Company Twitter: https://twitter.com/nansen_ai
Company URL: https://nansen.ai
- How and why they started their rapidly growing successful company
- How they met over an open source project that formed the foundations of their company
- How the mission of the company closely aligns with the name of the company
- How a crazy concept for an early journey to the North Pole inspired the company
- What they've gone through building the company
- How 2 of the 3 founders have never met in person
- How they achieved 20x growth in one year
- How they built a pricing model that led to a surge in signups.
- Why they price things the way they do.
- How their customers come up with many of the dashboards they create.
- What the value of the product is
- What is important in crypto in terms of transparency and how things are evolving.
- Their role in helping investors
- How the fundamental product changes how investors make decisions and how investors say they never invest without it.
- How much data they scan and process daily and yearly
- Why on chain metrics are so important.
- How they are like a media company more than just a data company
- One of the biggest problems they have with retaining users and how their investing to make it even easier for users.
- How their system is used by universities and exchanges
- How projects use Nansen to make product development decisions
- How they are building their new institutional products like APIs and others.
- How NFTs tripled their revenues and how a job applicant made it so.
- How he discovered Bored Apes and hashmasks using their product.
- What areas they see in their data and observations that are going to see major growth.
--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/missiondefi/support
Thank you for listening or watching our show.
I hope you are learning from the show.
Please consider a tip to offset the costs of production & allow us to do more.
Fantom, Polygon, Ethereum, or Avalanche: 0xa99fe8adce5a1a8efa8c1aa9eae4619b34bd23ee
or please take just a minute to rate and review us at Apple Podcasts. It really is a big help to boost the show.
There are a lot of failures in crypto and DeFi history. Exploits, hacks, and failure of models have all lead to billions in losses for average traders. Bancor, the original AMM, experienced such a failure in June of last year...
If you think Arweave is just a place to store NFTs permanently, then this episode is going to be a complete eye opener for you as it was for me. Sam Wiliams had an obsession with geopolitics that led him …
One of my favorite people in DeFi -> @scupytrooples is on Mission: DeFi. * Where @AlchemixFi is & what's next * What he would advise new founders about building in #DeFi * Do Kwon, the industry/market, the path forward and …
Tally Ho is an open source wallet and soon DAO to make wallets safer, easier to use and more powerful, while eliminating our centralized dependence on other wallet companies. The product is being built by Thesis headed by my ...
The first doxxed video interview with a founder of Beanstalk farms - Ben Weintraub of @IsThisPublius. We cover the experience of the exploit, the path forward, and what they've learned. Fascinating insights into their experie...
I can't think of a better guest for my 50th episode of the show. Alex Svanevik, his co-founders, and the team embody what DeFi is all about & their powerful model for growth is something from which we can all …
Walken is a highly successful mobile app company with dozens of high quality developers and a marketing machine that drives user signups for their apps. This has resulted in over 50 million downloads of their apps and $10 mil...
Andrew Yang's Lobby3 is ready to educate the US Congress on how DeFi can help average people get ahead. I was a big supporter of Andrew Yang's during his presidential run. While I do believe that UBI is good policy, …
I interview a lot of amazing founders, but I haven't encountered very many as brilliant, driven, and mission-based as Emma Jane Mackinnon. She's driving her project Digitalax to transform the fashion industry with a powerful ...
The Redacted Cartel took the DeFi world by a storm when they launched just 2 weeks ago with a model to own the Curve/Bribe wars and provide real value to investors and make it easier for protocols. After an amazingly …
How Frax is working to replace the CPI with a better, fairer model for an algo stablecoin that will benefit everyone. Guest Info Name of Guest: Sam Kazemian Name of Project: Frax Finance Twitter URL of Guest: https://twitter....
This is a pretty massive episode that covers the experience and stress of building a powerful and popular financial product in DeFi along with the details about version 2 of Alchemix that is a pretty massive move. Mission: De...
## Guest Info Name of Guest: Zeus Name of Project: Olympus DAO (OHM) Twitter URL of Guest: https://twitter.com/ohmzeus Project Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/OlympusDAO Project URL: https://www.olympusdao.finance/ Project/G...
Running any startup is a bit nuts. Running one under the circumstances that Sushi faced is beyond all the norms and while Maki works hard to decentralize leadership, there's no mistaking that he is at the least guiding the te...