FattyBagz ended up in DeFi through OlympusDAO and was able to apply his experience and expertise in marketing to helping grow the DAO and he learned a ton of valuable lessons along the way.
He also had a massive life-changing experience that changed his approach to life and people and we discussed that in detail.
So many amazing lessons in this episode. Do not miss it.
- Raised by hippy mom and Vietnam vet Dad on a Hindu compound.
- Started in Bitcoin mining, but got rugged in Mt Gox
- Was an Ethereum guy, but otherwise was just buying tokens, but not really doing DeFi. Was cautious
- A friend introduced him to $OHM
- Professional experience is in marketing and understanding the psychology of human beings and how they respond to things
- Was amazed by the community and their generosity and Jawz sent him Ethereum for gas
- Zeus proposed they create a DAO
- Proposed ways to acquire users and how to target the different types of users properly
- Then became the Marketing Stratego - essentially the head of marketing
- Amazed at the caliber of people that were in offering to help
- Consults to cannabis companies
- How the team was built
- How they figured out which ones were willing to do the work
- How things were handled before operations and how important it is to have opps
- Wanted a flat org, but also realized that some hierarchy was necessary
- Compensation: Originally just volunteers and nobody really expected it
- Social component to the DAO is so important. Really a fundamental aspect of social release
- Take time when allowing people to join your DAO, but vet people properly
- Tips for interacting and communicating
- The steps needed to get a DAO/community started right
- Critical to have a comms person that just moves back and forth between teams to help everyone know what is going on.
- How to structure teams
- What kind of people to "hire"
- How an insane tragic event in his life prepared him for this role better than anything could have. An amazing story.
- What the cascading liquidations like for the team and how they coped.
- What we think about it all
- What is the future of OlympusDAO?
- What he will doing next. NFTs
--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/missiondefi/support
Thank you for listening or watching our show.
I hope you are learning from the show.
Please consider a tip to offset the costs of production & allow us to do more.
Fantom, Polygon, Ethereum, or Avalanche: 0xa99fe8adce5a1a8efa8c1aa9eae4619b34bd23ee
or please take just a minute to rate and review us at Apple Podcasts. It really is a big help to boost the show.
There are a lot of failures in crypto and DeFi history. Exploits, hacks, and failure of models have all lead to billions in losses for average traders. Bancor, the original AMM, experienced such a failure in June of last year...
If you think Arweave is just a place to store NFTs permanently, then this episode is going to be a complete eye opener for you as it was for me. Sam Wiliams had an obsession with geopolitics that led him …
One of my favorite people in DeFi -> @scupytrooples is on Mission: DeFi. * Where @AlchemixFi is & what's next * What he would advise new founders about building in #DeFi * Do Kwon, the industry/market, the path forward and …
Tally Ho is an open source wallet and soon DAO to make wallets safer, easier to use and more powerful, while eliminating our centralized dependence on other wallet companies. The product is being built by Thesis headed by my ...
The first doxxed video interview with a founder of Beanstalk farms - Ben Weintraub of @IsThisPublius. We cover the experience of the exploit, the path forward, and what they've learned. Fascinating insights into their experie...
I can't think of a better guest for my 50th episode of the show. Alex Svanevik, his co-founders, and the team embody what DeFi is all about & their powerful model for growth is something from which we can all …
Walken is a highly successful mobile app company with dozens of high quality developers and a marketing machine that drives user signups for their apps. This has resulted in over 50 million downloads of their apps and $10 mil...
Andrew Yang's Lobby3 is ready to educate the US Congress on how DeFi can help average people get ahead. I was a big supporter of Andrew Yang's during his presidential run. While I do believe that UBI is good policy, …
I interview a lot of amazing founders, but I haven't encountered very many as brilliant, driven, and mission-based as Emma Jane Mackinnon. She's driving her project Digitalax to transform the fashion industry with a powerful ...
The Redacted Cartel took the DeFi world by a storm when they launched just 2 weeks ago with a model to own the Curve/Bribe wars and provide real value to investors and make it easier for protocols. After an amazingly …
How Frax is working to replace the CPI with a better, fairer model for an algo stablecoin that will benefit everyone. Guest Info Name of Guest: Sam Kazemian Name of Project: Frax Finance Twitter URL of Guest: https://twitter....
This is a pretty massive episode that covers the experience and stress of building a powerful and popular financial product in DeFi along with the details about version 2 of Alchemix that is a pretty massive move. Mission: De...
## Guest Info Name of Guest: Zeus Name of Project: Olympus DAO (OHM) Twitter URL of Guest: https://twitter.com/ohmzeus Project Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/OlympusDAO Project URL: https://www.olympusdao.finance/ Project/G...
Running any startup is a bit nuts. Running one under the circumstances that Sushi faced is beyond all the norms and while Maki works hard to decentralize leadership, there's no mistaking that he is at the least guiding the te...